The Best Smelling Laundry Detergent You’ll Want to Check Today
Having a baby isn't only just about feeding and caring for your child, but there are also other chores to do, such as washing your clothes! And with the best smelling laundry detergent, you'll be able to enjoy the aroma without the worry about any bad or strong scent wafting around your home or when outside.
Wondering where to get the best laundry detergent? Read on as I talk about what you'll need to know when using detergent and the top five best choices!
What is Laundry Detergent?
Laundry Detergents are cleaning agents that contain a mixture of chemical compounds that dissolve in water and will fight off bacteria to wash stains and any form of soil away from your clothes. The difference between regular soap and detergents are that they dissolve quickly and are not as affected by hard water.
There are three different types of detergents: Liquid, powdered, and pac. The powdered form would dissolve in water, and best used when hand washing, while liquid and pac are in liquid form and best suitable for the washing machine. Besides that, you can also opt to create your laundry detergent as well.
Many laundry detergents come in various scents and unique features that make one better over the other, may it be suitable for those who have sensitive skin or with more potent cleaning agents to fight off bacteria and soil on your clothes. Either way, they all have one thing in common: They clean your clothes to use them again after a thorough wash properly!
Benefits of Using Laundry Detergent
Why is it important to spend time choosing the best smelling laundry detergent? Here are its advantages:
Using effective laundry detergent can help even the most sensitive of skin since your clothes come in contact with bacteria and pollution that will affect your health (and nose!) in the long run. Many of these laundry detergents are safe to use and will not harm you or young kids, especially if you plan on using these detergents when washing overnight baby diapers.
Who would want to be caught walking outside with a huge sauce stain on their top or smelling like they just got home from the gym? With the best laundry detergent, you'll be able to wash off both the stain and smell with ease correctly.
● Ease of Use
While homemade laundry detergents are helpful, you can find eco-friendly detergents that are very easy to use, like liquid detergents or pacs that you can either measure or throw in the machine for thorough cleaning.
Tips on Washing Your Clothes With Laundry Detergent
Whether it's your first time washing clothes or you want to learn how to make your load even cleaner, here are three tips you can follow:
- When you have stains, make sure to soak it right away to remove it quickly. Soak it in a bucket of water with a bit of detergent and leave it until you have the time to wash.
- Sort out your laundry, and not just by the type of clothes, but by color and material. Make five separate groups per color: white, light colors, dark, bright, and delicates (your underwear). Then, separate it from linty fabrics, taking away towels, sweatshirts, or flannels.
- When adding a load to the laundry, be sure not to add more detergent to compensate, as this will not only unevenly wash your clothes, but break your laundry machine!
- Add the detergent before your put in your clothes, so the detergent will dissolve into the water easily instead of leaving residue on any of your clothes while washing.
If you want to know more about washing, here's a video showing how to use laundry detergent properly:
How to Purchase the Best Smelling Laundry Detergent
You might think that all laundry detergents look the same, with all the scientific claims and reviews. There's more to choosing laundry detergents than just basing it on the brand name or appearance, though!
It may not be exciting or fun to think about how to purchase laundry detergents, but it's still important to do so. To help you out, here are some tips and factors to consider:
● How much should I use?
Consider the amount you'll be purchasing. You might want a smaller one if you're a smaller family, or opt to buy in bulk (while saving in the long run!) when you're with a large household.
Consider the price as well, choosing reasonably-priced detergents. Opt for purchasing in bulk and try not to scrimp or overspend on detergent that might not live up to your expectations!
● What type of laundry detergent should I get?
Like mentioned, there are three main types of detergents: Powder, liquid, and pacs. Depending on what you think will suit you and your clothes, weigh its pros and cons according to YOUR preference.
Pods are more convenient though you'll need to adjust your load. Liquid detergents are more eco-friendly and are ideal for washing machines, though you might need to reuse it for better stain removal, wasting money. The powdered form is best when removing stain and soil but may leave a colored residue on your clothes.
● Scent and Power
Of course, the scent is a major factor since you'll want to make sure that the detergent you use is powerful but okay on sensitive skin, leaving a fresh and not-so-overpowering scent that will stick for a long time. Choose laundry detergents which can quickly remove stains with a lovely scent you and your family will love.
Top Five Laundry Detergents
Based on research, tests, and overall customer reviews, here are my top five choices on the best laundry detergents you can invest in today:
If you want a convenient laundry detergent suitable for your baby, then the GAIN Flings! has what you need. These detergent pacs have a dual scent to last for a long time, a nice lavender smell that you and your kids will appreciate.
The pacs itself can dissolve quickly under any water temperature, compatible with any washer. Another plus is its cute purple design at a reasonable price for pacs.
With better scent to last and the dynamic cleaning duo to fight both stains and odors in a jiffy, I can say that it's the ideal detergent pac you will need for the whole family.
- Lovely dual scent to last for a full day
- Convenient and easy to use
- Dissolves quickly in hot or cold water
- Fights off stains and odors quickly
- Attractive packaging
- Reasonably priced for quality detergent pacs
- Lid can get annoying when trying to open or close it
- Dark colors might fade a bit
- Doesn't soften fabric
Persil ProClean offers the unique scent, which smells spotless without the overpowering fragrance that will end up hurting your nose! I love that this is similar to quality and top detergents out there, but with the reasonable price that can still clean with power and speed. It has a stain-fighting formula that's ideal for everyday laundry!
The packaging is exquisite, with a clear bottle to see how much you have left, as well as the power-cap lid to measure out the liquid needed for a load. The packaging is easy to open and close, but secured enough so your children wouldn’t accidentally open it.
- Reasonably priced
- Fights off stains without compromising on the clothes' colors and material
- Leaves a clean and fresh scent
- Innovative packaging for better measurements
- Brightens clothes
- Gentle on the skin
- No need to use a lot- saves money
- Doesn't drain properly
- Not the best quality on fighting strong odors
Nellie's is your all natural and original powdered detergent that may look old but still does the similar powerful stain-fighting features that many new detergents do. It's effective in cold water and ideal for ALL types of clothes, softening then without leaving a residue. It is safe on skin and made out of NATURAL ingredients, being eco-friendly as well.
With anti-fading or darkening of colors, as well as the fresh scent and odor fighting components, it's a nice buy for those who need something a bit more affordable and in bulk.
- Uses natural ingredients- eco-friendly
- Cute and sturdy tin packaging with scooper
- Hypoallergenic and non-toxic
- Useful in cold water and for any clothes
- Clean scent suitable for sensitive noses
- Affordable value
- Packaging doesn't seal properly
- Powder too fine and might get in your nose
- Doesn't remove as much odor
My love about the Seventh Generation Natural Laundry Detergent isn't only for its natural components, but also for its lovely smell! It has that floral scent with a hint of vanilla, leaving a sweet aroma that doesn't stink up the place. Plus, the scent is made out of botanical oils and extracts, WITHOUT any synthetic fragrances.
It's made out of a formula without synthetic dyes or artificial brighteners, but still, does an excellent job in fighting stains and removing any form of odor. It's a certified EPA Safer Choice product, ideal for children and adults alike!
You won't need to use a lot of the detergent, but it still has the satisfying results you want. All in all, it is a great investment.
- Lovely scent that is not very strong
- Ideal for those with babies or sensitive skin
- Made out of a natural formula- chemicals
- Leaves no residue
- No need to add a lot of detergents when washing a load
- Very concentrated and dissolves quickly
- Detergent bottles are too small
- Bottles sometimes leak while shipping
- A bit pricier than regular detergents
Tide is known to be the number one detergent across America, and for a reason! It contains SIX TIMES the cleaning power as compared to other detergents, as well as the lovely original scent that isn't too overbearing, but just right. It's able to not only leave a nice scent but to fight off the odors and bacteria left in your clothes from daily pollution.
This liquid laundry detergent is very easy to use and can last for two times longer for larger loads. With its Turbo Clean Technology, you can save time and finish a wash in half the time! And yes, it has NO suds, so there's no worry when using the quick cycle option.
- Ideal for washing any types of clothes, even cloth diapers
- Removes any form of stains and odor completely
- Reputable brand and known as number one across America
- Has the original scent that smells great
- Brightens clothes
- Free from any dyes or strong perfumes
- Bottles can easily be carried
- A bit more expensive than other detergents
- Difficult to find the measuring line
- Some people or animals may be allergic to it
You and your baby wear clothes every day, so you will need to make sure that you not only have the efficient laundry detergent, but one that is also safe for babies and adults to use. After all, you wouldn't want to be caught with dirty or smelly clothes that would have you feel uncomfortable!
Out of all the scented laundry detergents we reviewed, the best one would have to go to the Tide Original Scent Laundry Detergent. It offers the ultimate cleaning power in less time than usual, with one dose having the effects SIX doses of the normal detergent.
Known as the number one detergent with the odor-fighting components, it can also leave a refreshing scent that isn't too overbearing, but distinct to have you feel comfortable and smell great while wearing your clean clothes!
I hope that this article on the best smelling laundry detergent helped you become more knowledgeable on what you need to invest in for you and your family. So what are you waiting for? Invest in the right laundry detergent today and reap the many benefits it has to offer.
If you have any questions or would like to share your reviews on laundry detergents, then comment down below. I would love to hear what you have to think.