Once your baby is born, you will be experiencing a lot of memorable firsts. But there will be a few downs as well, such as your baby suffering from a diaper rash. And what may be worse is that you don't know how to remedy it! So if you're wondering how to get rid of diaper rash, then read on as I show you what you need to know about these unfortunate inflammations!
All About Diaper Rash
This rash is a skin irritation around your baby's bottom, which is covered by the diaper he uses. Just like what the name suggests, the rash is an inflammation that regularly occurs due to not regularly changing diapers, or from the type of diaper you use.
A diaper rash is actually very common to children who wear diapers. So you don't need to worry about you being a bad parent when your baby suffers from it. It might be due to contact dermatitis, where the rash was infected by bacteria found in your baby's poo while wearing the diaper.
You will know if your baby suffers from a diaper rash through the following symptoms:
- Skin : You will instantly see your baby’s diaper rash, looking red and tender-looking on his skin. The rash may be found in the bottoms, genital area, or the thighs of your baby- Anywhere touched by the diaper.
- Attitude : If ever your child is fussier than usual and seems like he is in discomfort, then it might be due to pain or itchiness from the rash. Your baby would usually cry when you wash or touch his bottom, or during diaper changes.
How to Get Rid of Diaper Rash
Once you know if your baby has a diaper rash, what will you need to remedy it?
There are actually a lot of home remedies you will be able to follow. I'll be showing you the items you need and the steps to follow to get rid of the diaper rash:
These are natural home remedies you can do anytime when at home. It's best to follow these procedures to avoid having to spend a lot for hospital bills! But if your baby seems distraught and uncomfortable for weeks or the diaper rash doesn't disappear, then it may be time to call a medical professional for prescriptions and ointments.
How to Prevent Diaper Rash From Happening Again
Now that you know how to get rid of diaper rash from your baby, the new question is: How can you prevent it from happening again? Here are some tips you can follow:
- Make sure that you change your baby's diapers often, at least every six hours or immediately after he has peed or pooped.
- Before you change his diapers, wipe his bum with antibacterial wipes and wash it with warm water and gentle soap to avoid any of the remaining bacteria from entering his body. Remember to pat it dry and to NOT put the diaper on while his bum is wet.
- After changing your baby's diaper, wash your hands to avoid spreading the bacteria when holding your baby.
- Do NOT tighten his diapers too much and make sure that it is still secure enough for it not to fall off. It's best to take time in changing his diaper instead of rushing it to avoid discomfort on your baby's side.
- If the rash occurs again, then apply ointment to your child's bottom.
- Consider using a different brand of diaper, as this may be the reason why your baby suffers from a diaper rash. You can choose between cloth or disposable diapers.
A diaper rash is no joke, and it's crucial to solving it before it gets worse. When solving your baby's diaper rash, you'll enjoy a happier baby who's healthy and feel well! Not only that, but you save money from hefty doctor bills through these home remedies you can easily do yourself.
I hope that this article on how to get rid of diaper rash will help you become a better parent that is more knowledgeable on how to care for their baby in any case that they suffer from the dreaded diaper rash! So what are you waiting for? If your baby suffers from this infection, then try this home remedy you can easily follow and have our baby smile again!
I hope you enjoyed the article. If you have any other questions or would like to share your tips on how to get rid of diaper rash, then comment down below. I would love to hear what you have to think.